Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mom's Beef Hash Recipe

My mom used to make this dish when I was little. I have adapted it a throughout the years. It's great. The fam loves it.

Brown 2 lbs. ground beef
While browning, season with dried onion flakes, pepper, and LOTS of California style garlic salt. (Yummy) You can also add paprika if you want to.
Drain grease

Peel and cut eight potatoes and six carrots. Cut them into the size of your thumb. Cover with water and cook them until tender. (About 30 minutes). I use my pressure cooker and they are done in just a few minutes. You can also leave them cooking in the crock pot all day.

After the carrots and potatoes are tender, add the ground beef. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until a gravy develops. You may have to add a little water here and there. Sometimes I mash up the potatoes a little to help with the gravy.

Pour over toast and eat. It is a great winter dish.

No comments: